Fire rips through Calgary Taradale home

A fire ripped through a home after starting in its attached garage in northeast Calgary Monday morning, according to fire crews.

Calgary Fire says calls came in about a fire on Taradale Place around 10:45 a.m.

When crews arrived to douse the fire, they say three adults had already left the home.

One of them, fire crews say, is the adult son of the other two and was assessed by EMS for inhalation and was promptly released.

No other injuries were reported.

The home suffered “extensive damage,” and there was some slight damage to a neighbouring home.

Firefighters say they aren’t sure if there were working alarms in the home the fire came from.

Anyone with any photos or video of this fire before the Calgary Fire Department arrived is asked to email

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today