Public persistence leads to arrests, drug and weapons seizure at SW Calgary drug house

Posted Apr 1, 2025 10:10 am.
Police say a number of complaints about “disturbing activity” at a southwest Calgary home has led to the arrest of eight people and the seizure of multiple weapons and drugs.
The investigation started in December of last year, when public tips led police to believe drug activity was happening at a home on 52 Avenue SW.
A month later, a Calgary police officer was attending to another call in the area when members of the community approached the officer to express their ongoing concerns about what was going on at the house.
“This home, used as a hub for criminal activity, was near a public park and an elementary school and the activity that was occurring at this home left neighbours and families feeling extremely unsafe in their own community,” said District 1 Insp. Jason Bobrowich.
Officers searched the home on March 20, and 11 people were removed from the house, according to police.
Seven of those individuals were arrested on a variety of outstanding criminal and bylaw warrants.
Brendan Bear, 33 was also charged with one count of possession for the purpose of trafficking and five counts of failure to comply with a release order.


A number of items were seized during the search, including 10 knives of a variety of sizes, shapes, and purposes, several different kinds of ammunition, bear spray, two imitation handguns, a spring-loaded baton, brass knuckles, four digital scales, 64 pills of gabapentin, 29.4 grams of fentanyl, and 41 grams of methamphetamine.
“We have zero tolerance for this kind of negatively impacting social disorder behaviour and drug trafficking in our communities,” Bobrowich said. “We will continue to work with communities and our partners to disrupt, disable and dismantle criminals who are intent on profiting from exploiting vulnerable Calgarians.
“Everyone deserves to feel safe within their own homes and neighbourhoods.”